Sunday, September 18, 2011

PROGRESS!

Cassandra and I have managed to motivate each other so that we are off doing things to organize and decorate our homes!  You can't really decorate without organizing so it's hard for me to figure why I can help others but not myself.  It's a well known fact that we decorators often have trouble decorating our own homes.  I had that problem in my previous home.  But when we moved into this house, in 1997, it was a blank pallet, completely white, with uninteresting window treatments.  Also, I wasn't close to the home, it wasn't mine yet so I could do things to it that weren't difficult to select.  Trouble with us decorators is that we have so much available to us and we like everything that we just have trouble making the decision.  Sounds like a client doesn't it! 

Usually, when I do window treatments or something to my own home, its with leftover fabric or something that didn't work out!   Once I prescribed a paint color for a client and wrote the number down for her so she could buy it.  It turned out to be a shade of blue instead of beige that I prescribed so I had to buy the paint as it wasn't her mistake.  Then when I decided to paint my master bedroom, I took the blue back to the store and had them convert it into an aqua color with their major ingredients!  As illustrated below! 


Carol's master bedroom!

I wish I could say it looked as neat and orderly every day as it does in that photograph but hey, that is why I've hired Cassandra.  She's going to help me fix that!   In fact, I've been so encouraged, I've gone through several piles of things and thrown out a lot and  created a pile for donations!  This is becoming fun instead of a chore!                          

When I first talk to folks that are looking to hire a decorator, I have to explain to them how I work.  One of the things I tell them is that "I know people".  In other words, if I don't do it myself, I know someone who does!  If it goes in a house, I can help   you with it.  Even today, I sent Cassandra an e-mail concerning organizers for her kitchen. She has a beautiful new kitchen with only 2 drawers.  Kitchen Innovations in Fort Walton Beach has a wide assortment of organizer type drawers and other things that can be installed into cabinets like that for added storage.  Hey, I'm helping Cassandra with organizing!  How about that?  

Until next time!                       



                





No comments:

Post a Comment